What is WhaleWisdom?
WhaleWisdom is an aggregator of publicly available financial information. Certain financial institutions are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for purposes of increasing the fairness and efficiency of the securities market. WhaleWisdom collects these filings on a daily basis. Filings are processed and organized to produce actionable insight for users.
WhaleWisdom was created in 2008 with the simple goal of providing users with the ability to compare changes in 13F portfolios quarter over quarter. The site has since expanded to include processing of other SEC filings such as 13D/G, Form 4, N-Sar, and Form D.
Data Collection Process
WhaleWisdom.com SEC filing data (13F's, 13D/G's, Form 3/4) collection is done in house and is entirely automated with little to no human intervention. Without human oversight, there is a greater risk that data error may exist since we are relying on the filer to provide accurate information. Use at your own risk.
Site Change Log
- 2015-11-30 - Introduced team members for Enterprise subscriptions.
- 2015-11-09 - Made 13F filer sector allocation chart dynamic so you can load sectors over time. For example see Berkshire sector chart
- 2015-11-04 - added list of new filers for quarter to latest filings page
- 2015-11-02 - added ability to change columns shown in Fund Performance Search
- 2015-10-24 - added ADR exclusion/inclusion filter to Backtester
- 2015-10-21 - Added option to search by city to Filer Search
- 2015-10-13 - Added WhaleIndex Mid/Small/Micro Portfolios
- 2015-10-07 - Added option for choosing only 2 holdings to Backtester
- 2015-10-05 - added new criteria and output columns to consensus report for % ownership
- 2015-10-01 - Started importing 13F filings for Q3 2015
- 2015-09-17 - added "minimum percent of portfolio for each fund" option for absolute count rebalancing for backtester
- 2015-09-05 - added combined % ownership rebalancing option to backtester
- 2015-09-05 - added "top # holding(s) by % Ownership from each funds holdings" rebalancing option to backtester
- 2015-08-31 - Added option to receive email alerts for WhaleIndex Changes
- 2015-08-31 - Added option to export WhaleIndex positions to Excel
- 2015-08-28 - Started compiling international short positions
- 2015-08-26 - Introducing the WhaleIndex
- 2015-08-19 - added sector/industry filters to combined holdings report